Twitter
Categories

Entries in Tiger Woods (202)

11:40AM

Global Golf Post: Tiger's Poor Play Befuddles Everyone

By Art Spander
Global Golf Post

UNIVERSITY PLACE, WASHINGTON — The symbolism was unavoidable. Tiger Woods topped a 3-wood from the middle of the 18th fairway into the deepest bunker on the course.

There was his ball, so far down. There was his game, so far down. There were the rest of us — fans, media, not knowing whether to offer sympathy or laughter.

Read the full story here.

Copyright 2015 Global Golf Post

7:34AM

S.F. Examiner: Woods stuck in Chambers of horrors

By Art Spander
San Francisco Examiner

UNIVERSITY PLACE, Wash. — Bogies and gallows humor are golf’s perfect blend of imperfection. After the mistakes and the frustration come the laughter. And the questions.

But Tiger Woods has heard every question imaginable.

Read the full story here.

©2015 The San Francisco Examiner

9:07PM

Bleacher Report: What Insiders Have to Say as Tiger Woods' Woes Hit a New Low at the 2015 US Open

By Art Spander
Featured Columnist

UNIVERSITY PLACE, Wash. — The old line when a famous golfer shoots a bad score — Lee Trevino used to toss it out frequently — was that 90 percent of the pros didn’t care and the other 10 percent wish he had played even worse. Harsh, but mostly true.

Golfers are so focused on their own games, their own difficulties, it’s rare when they even acknowledge those of a competitor.

Read the full story here.

Copyright © 2015 Bleacher Report, Inc. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.

9:38AM

Global Golf Post: Tiger Emerges From The Depths

By Art Spander
Global Golf Post

AUGUSTA, GEORGIA — One question was answered. Tiger Woods still is an elite golfer. The no-less perplexing question remains. Will he ever win another major, another Masters?

Read the full story here.

Copyright 2015 Global Golf Post

9:29PM

Bleacher Report: Tiger Woods' New Reality: Will 2015 Masters Trigger Next Phase of His Career?

By Art Spander
Featured Columnist

AUGUSTA, Ga.—  The final two rounds of the Masters will include Tiger Woods. He's very much a golfer — not a memory. Note to social security: Hold off enrolling Eldrick Woods for a long while.

Of all the athletes we watch — all right, sportsmen, if you choose — golfers have the longest competitive lifespan. The putting may be less stable and tee shots much shorter (on the second hole Friday, 65-year-old Tom Watson was 60 yards behind his partners, Danny Willett, 27, and Byron Meth, 21), but the adage holds true: it ain't how; it's how many.

Read the full story here.

Copyright © 2015 Bleacher Report, Inc. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.